Google wants to make YouTube a `daily habit` in India
Mumbai: Search engine giant Google is focusing on further strengthening the content pipeline of its video service YouTube to make it a `daily habit`, a company official said on Thursday.
YouTube has 55 million unique visitors every month here, and 40 per cent of them use the service on mobile phones.
"The way people consume content has changed dramatically. We are building a platform for the next set of subscribers. We have partnerships with various broadcasters and content providers for movies and TV shows (both new and archived). Gautam Anand, YouTube Asia Pacific director for content partnerships, told PTI here.
"We want to make YouTube a daily habit and want them (subscribers) to consume content online," he further said.
After the US and Britain, YouTube is now launching `Comedy Week` here.
"This is a part of our marketing strategy. Starting today until September 12, we will play over 400 hours of comedy content sourced from our channel here. This will include content from Bollywood, TV shows like Great Indian Laughter Challenge, MTV Bakra and Kahani Comedy Circus Ki," Anand said.
There will also be regional language comedy content in Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Punjabi, Malayalam, Gujarati and Kannada, he added.
"Comedy shows contribute to over 30 per cent of the total watch hours within TV shows category here. On our platform too, comedy show viewership is one of the fastest growth areas. Through this initiative, we are bringing more Indian comedy content onto YouTube," he said.
Comedy week will feature content from broadcasters and production houses like Rajshri, Eros, T-series, Shemaroo, Disney, Star, Colors and Sri Adhikari Brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick