Google`s 2nd GOSF targets 20 mn online buyers in India
New Delhi: Internet search giant Google today announced launch of the Great Online Shopping Festival (GSOF), a mega festival bringing leading e-commerce players in India on a common platform targeting about 20 million Indians who shop thorough the Internet.
The second GSOF will see participation from over 200 partners (e-commerce firms) offering best deals to customers across India for 72 hours beginning December 11.
"Backed by the tremendous response last year, this year the mega shopping bonanza will be for three days starting on December 11-December 13," Google India VP & Managing Director Rajan Anandan told reporters here.
In its second year, the industry wide initiative will see from leading e-commerce players, classified firms, online travel sites, auto companies, telecom companies, fashion labels, health and well being companies, to banking financial services, he added.
"Buyers can find discounts ranging from 20 per cent to up to 80 per cent in many categories. Up to 60 per cent off on luxury watches, 20 per cent on air tickets on domestic routes, up to 50 per cent on speakers, headphones & men`s accessories," Google India Industry Director e-commerce Nitin Bawankule said.
Besides, the festival will also offer up to 80 per cent off on home decor, flat 40 per cent off on furniture, up to 50 per cent off on TVs, up to 40 per cent on mobile phones, up to 45 per cent on computers and tablets, up to 30 per cent on cameras, 40 per cent on mens footwear and many more, he added.
With over 200 million Internet users in the country, more and more Internet users are opting to shop online and fuelling the growth of both large multinational and homegrown companies, Anandan said.
Industry estimates suggests that there are close to 20 million online shoppers in India and its estimated to grow to 50 million in next few years making it a USD 16 billion industry by 2017, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin