Google`s 2nd GOSF targets 20 mn online buyers in India
New Delhi: Internet search giant Google today announced launch of the Great Online Shopping Festival (GSOF), a mega festival bringing leading e-commerce players in India on a common platform targeting about 20 million Indians who shop thorough the Internet.
The second GSOF will see participation from over 200 partners (e-commerce firms) offering best deals to customers across India for 72 hours beginning December 11.
"Backed by the tremendous response last year, this year the mega shopping bonanza will be for three days starting on December 11-December 13," Google India VP & Managing Director Rajan Anandan told reporters here.
In its second year, the industry wide initiative will see from leading e-commerce players, classified firms, online travel sites, auto companies, telecom companies, fashion labels, health and well being companies, to banking financial services, he added.
"Buyers can find discounts ranging from 20 per cent to up to 80 per cent in many categories. Up to 60 per cent off on luxury watches, 20 per cent on air tickets on domestic routes, up to 50 per cent on speakers, headphones & men`s accessories," Google India Industry Director e-commerce Nitin Bawankule said.
Besides, the festival will also offer up to 80 per cent off on home decor, flat 40 per cent off on furniture, up to 50 per cent off on TVs, up to 40 per cent on mobile phones, up to 45 per cent on computers and tablets, up to 30 per cent on cameras, 40 per cent on mens footwear and many more, he added.
With over 200 million Internet users in the country, more and more Internet users are opting to shop online and fuelling the growth of both large multinational and homegrown companies, Anandan said.
Industry estimates suggests that there are close to 20 million online shoppers in India and its estimated to grow to 50 million in next few years making it a USD 16 billion industry by 2017, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why