Google`s Android boss Andy Rubin replaced by Chrome manager Sundar Pichai
London: Head of Google`s Android division Andy Rubin has been replaced by Sundar Pichai, who manages Google Chrome and Apps.
The firm`s chief executive, Larry Page, wrote in a blogpost that Rubin "has decided to hand over the reins and start a new chapter at Google."
His replacement, Pichai, runs Google Chrome and Apps, so this move brings the company`s mobile and desktop operating systems under the control of the same person, the Telegraph reports.
Rubin was co-founder and chief executive of Android Inc until Google bought the firm in August 2005.
Since then he has been Google`s senior vice president of mobile and digital content.
According to the paper, Page did not say what Rubin`s new role would be, but he said the Android creator had `exceeded even the crazy ambitious goals we dreamed of for
Page also said that Pichai would "do a tremendous job doubling down on Android ".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'