Google`s Android boss Andy Rubin replaced by Chrome manager Sundar Pichai
London: Head of Google`s Android division Andy Rubin has been replaced by Sundar Pichai, who manages Google Chrome and Apps.
The firm`s chief executive, Larry Page, wrote in a blogpost that Rubin "has decided to hand over the reins and start a new chapter at Google."
His replacement, Pichai, runs Google Chrome and Apps, so this move brings the company`s mobile and desktop operating systems under the control of the same person, the Telegraph reports.
Rubin was co-founder and chief executive of Android Inc until Google bought the firm in August 2005.
Since then he has been Google`s senior vice president of mobile and digital content.
According to the paper, Page did not say what Rubin`s new role would be, but he said the Android creator had `exceeded even the crazy ambitious goals we dreamed of for
Page also said that Pichai would "do a tremendous job doubling down on Android ".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...