Google’s Ground Truth merges virtual world with the real
Washington: Google through a new project called Ground Truth is becoming an ever more sophisticated virtual mirror of the real world.
Google engineers described their methods at the Google I/O show, telling how they`ve moved from licensing satellite photos to building 3D version of the world that can be updated in minutes.
According to CBS News, the essence of the Ground Truth project is marrying Google`s real-world information with data sets from sources such as cities, census operations and postal address databases.
Google also acts on complaints of problems from Google Maps users. When they tell Google something is wrong, specially trained operators look at the Street View data to check what`s there.
The company does use computers, too, of course. For example, image processing finds street signs, road names, building addresses, and lane markings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?