Google’s Ground Truth merges virtual world with the real
Washington: Google through a new project called Ground Truth is becoming an ever more sophisticated virtual mirror of the real world.
Google engineers described their methods at the Google I/O show, telling how they`ve moved from licensing satellite photos to building 3D version of the world that can be updated in minutes.
According to CBS News, the essence of the Ground Truth project is marrying Google`s real-world information with data sets from sources such as cities, census operations and postal address databases.
Google also acts on complaints of problems from Google Maps users. When they tell Google something is wrong, specially trained operators look at the Street View data to check what`s there.
The company does use computers, too, of course. For example, image processing finds street signs, road names, building addresses, and lane markings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city