Google`s location history browser can tell your exact past locations
Washington: Google`s location history browser reportedly tells a users their exact location from past along with the specific time through an interesting map.
The browser isn`t something new and has been there for years and uses a person`s location data that the company prompts during the initial setup asking users if Google could transmit their location data back to the mothership.
According to a website, this data is then collected by the company, for more targeted ads or simply to let users go back in past and revisit their last trip to another city.
The service is opt-in and users can also delete the history on a day-by-day basis or clean the entire location slate in one attempt.
Google shows up the entire location history in a graph form and once a user scrubs the mouse pointer at the bottom, the map plays back the selected day, movement-by-movement, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'