Google`s location history browser can tell your exact past locations
Washington: Google`s location history browser reportedly tells a users their exact location from past along with the specific time through an interesting map.
The browser isn`t something new and has been there for years and uses a person`s location data that the company prompts during the initial setup asking users if Google could transmit their location data back to the mothership.
According to a website, this data is then collected by the company, for more targeted ads or simply to let users go back in past and revisit their last trip to another city.
The service is opt-in and users can also delete the history on a day-by-day basis or clean the entire location slate in one attempt.
Google shows up the entire location history in a graph form and once a user scrubs the mouse pointer at the bottom, the map plays back the selected day, movement-by-movement, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan