Google’s new ‘Gmail’ compose feature draws complaints
Washington: Internet search giant Google is facing backlash for changing the way users write emails on Gmail.
With the change, users now have to compose their email in a new window that pops up on top of the inbox.
Earlier, previously, users were switched to a new page to write their email.
Google has been experimenting with the pop-up feature since October and said it is faster and simpler than the previous way of writing emails on Gmail.
However, many users don`t think highly of the new feature, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Many have taken to Twitter to complain about how much they dislike the change and are even considering trying out different email services, the report said.
According to the report, users can still switch back to the old way of writing emails with just a few clicks.
Simply press the "Compose" button on the left side of the screen. When the new compose box pops up, click on the down-arrow icon at the bottom right of the window.
Select "Temporarily switch back to old compose".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living