Google’s new ‘Gmail’ compose feature draws complaints
Washington: Internet search giant Google is facing backlash for changing the way users write emails on Gmail.
With the change, users now have to compose their email in a new window that pops up on top of the inbox.
Earlier, previously, users were switched to a new page to write their email.
Google has been experimenting with the pop-up feature since October and said it is faster and simpler than the previous way of writing emails on Gmail.
However, many users don`t think highly of the new feature, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Many have taken to Twitter to complain about how much they dislike the change and are even considering trying out different email services, the report said.
According to the report, users can still switch back to the old way of writing emails with just a few clicks.
Simply press the "Compose" button on the left side of the screen. When the new compose box pops up, click on the down-arrow icon at the bottom right of the window.
Select "Temporarily switch back to old compose".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown