Google’s new ‘Gmail’ compose feature draws complaints
Washington: Internet search giant Google is facing backlash for changing the way users write emails on Gmail.
With the change, users now have to compose their email in a new window that pops up on top of the inbox.
Earlier, previously, users were switched to a new page to write their email.
Google has been experimenting with the pop-up feature since October and said it is faster and simpler than the previous way of writing emails on Gmail.
However, many users don`t think highly of the new feature, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Many have taken to Twitter to complain about how much they dislike the change and are even considering trying out different email services, the report said.
According to the report, users can still switch back to the old way of writing emails with just a few clicks.
Simply press the "Compose" button on the left side of the screen. When the new compose box pops up, click on the down-arrow icon at the bottom right of the window.
Select "Temporarily switch back to old compose".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police