Google`s new search will be like `Star Trek`
Washington: Google has said that it is planning to give its users a new experience of searching the web, which would be like `Star Trek`.
Google`s Search Head Amit Singhal said at SXSW Interactive that `the destiny of search is to become that ` Star Trek` computer and that`s what the firm is building.`
Singhal shared that computers will know what people want and users won`t have to type their queries into a small box on a clean white page, ABC News reports.
"You can walk up to a computer and say, hey, computer," he added.
Singhal also said that this would dependent on other technologies, including improved voice control, touch and sensory tech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list