Google`s online shopping extravaganza attracts 2 mn visitors
New Delhi: Google`s annual online shopping event `GOSF` attracted 2 million visitors this year as people thronged e-commerce sites to check out deals on electronics, shoes, watches and travel.
Google Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) saw the number of visitors doubling to 2 million this year compared to last year`s maiden edition.
Google said its partners (over 200 e-commerce websites) like Snapdeal, Myntra and eBay saw daily sales jumping 3 to 4 times.
"Even offbeat categories like cars and housing saw great traction during the festival with Tata Housing closing booking of over 55 flats," Google India Director eCommerce (local and media) Nitin Bawankule said.
Of the 2 million unique visitors, almost half were women.
Google said 2pm - 8pm was the peak time of traffic each day with 62 per cent viewers coming from the 18-34 years category.
"Currently, we estimate that over 30 per cent buyers were first time shoppers on most sites. Given the scale of the initiative with all the partners and the large number of online shoppers in India, GOSF this year was a huge success by all parameters," he said.
Other popular categories included apparel, e-books, books, home and kitchen equipments, jewellery, and healthcare and wellness.
"We witnessed over 120 per cent jump in traffic and 3.5x growth in revenues, which is testament to the future potential of online shopping in India," Myntra Chief Marketing Officer Vikas Ahuja said.
Tata Housing sold more than 50 apartments with a sales value of over Rs 25 crore across four projects during December 11-14. About 30 per cent of the booking came from NRIs and 40 per cent was from tier II cities.
"Initiatives like GOSF act as a catalyst to further boost adoption of online shopping in India.
In fact, a lot of these new shoppers become repeat buyers and add up to the traffic on the website," Snapdeal.Com Vice President (Marketing) Sandeep Komaravelly said.
Lenskart CEO and Founder Peyush Bansal said the site registered 60 per cent spike in traffic and 70 per cent jump in new registrations leading to a 50 per cent increase in the overall sales.
HealthKart Co-Founder Prashant Tandon said GOSF proved to be a great platform to launch a number of new products. The site saw a jump in its core categories like sports nutrition, health nutrition and health devices.
Cash back and coupons site Cashkaro said its traffic doubled during GOSF and the transaction volume went up three times.
Online recharge site Paytm Founder Vijay Sharma said GOSF led to a 15 per cent revenue uptick on the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?