Google`s online shopping extravaganza attracts 2 mn visitors
New Delhi: Google`s annual online shopping event `GOSF` attracted 2 million visitors this year as people thronged e-commerce sites to check out deals on electronics, shoes, watches and travel.
Google Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) saw the number of visitors doubling to 2 million this year compared to last year`s maiden edition.
Google said its partners (over 200 e-commerce websites) like Snapdeal, Myntra and eBay saw daily sales jumping 3 to 4 times.
"Even offbeat categories like cars and housing saw great traction during the festival with Tata Housing closing booking of over 55 flats," Google India Director eCommerce (local and media) Nitin Bawankule said.
Of the 2 million unique visitors, almost half were women.
Google said 2pm - 8pm was the peak time of traffic each day with 62 per cent viewers coming from the 18-34 years category.
"Currently, we estimate that over 30 per cent buyers were first time shoppers on most sites. Given the scale of the initiative with all the partners and the large number of online shoppers in India, GOSF this year was a huge success by all parameters," he said.
Other popular categories included apparel, e-books, books, home and kitchen equipments, jewellery, and healthcare and wellness.
"We witnessed over 120 per cent jump in traffic and 3.5x growth in revenues, which is testament to the future potential of online shopping in India," Myntra Chief Marketing Officer Vikas Ahuja said.
Tata Housing sold more than 50 apartments with a sales value of over Rs 25 crore across four projects during December 11-14. About 30 per cent of the booking came from NRIs and 40 per cent was from tier II cities.
"Initiatives like GOSF act as a catalyst to further boost adoption of online shopping in India.
In fact, a lot of these new shoppers become repeat buyers and add up to the traffic on the website," Snapdeal.Com Vice President (Marketing) Sandeep Komaravelly said.
Lenskart CEO and Founder Peyush Bansal said the site registered 60 per cent spike in traffic and 70 per cent jump in new registrations leading to a 50 per cent increase in the overall sales.
HealthKart Co-Founder Prashant Tandon said GOSF proved to be a great platform to launch a number of new products. The site saw a jump in its core categories like sports nutrition, health nutrition and health devices.
Cash back and coupons site Cashkaro said its traffic doubled during GOSF and the transaction volume went up three times.
Online recharge site Paytm Founder Vijay Sharma said GOSF led to a 15 per cent revenue uptick on the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!