Google`s updated iOS search app responds to `OK Google` voice command
Washington: Google has reportedly rolled out an update to its iOS search app that includes a feature to do voice search with ` OK Google` command, similar to that of Apple`s Siri.
The updated iOS app, improving on the Google Now personal assistant, gives users more options for reminders, notifications and searches.
According to Mashable, the app runs like a voice-controlled personal assistant and allows users to program reminders and run searches without a keyboard.
Users can also set up alerts that will trigger when they arrive at certain locations, for example the Google app can tell to `buy more coffee beans` the next time one steps foot in a local coffee shop.
These features are familiar to Android users as they are already part of the Google Search app in the Google Play store, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves