Google`s updated iOS search app responds to `OK Google` voice command
Washington: Google has reportedly rolled out an update to its iOS search app that includes a feature to do voice search with ` OK Google` command, similar to that of Apple`s Siri.
The updated iOS app, improving on the Google Now personal assistant, gives users more options for reminders, notifications and searches.
According to Mashable, the app runs like a voice-controlled personal assistant and allows users to program reminders and run searches without a keyboard.
Users can also set up alerts that will trigger when they arrive at certain locations, for example the Google app can tell to `buy more coffee beans` the next time one steps foot in a local coffee shop.
These features are familiar to Android users as they are already part of the Google Search app in the Google Play store, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB