Google`s updated iOS search app responds to `OK Google` voice command
Washington: Google has reportedly rolled out an update to its iOS search app that includes a feature to do voice search with ` OK Google` command, similar to that of Apple`s Siri.
The updated iOS app, improving on the Google Now personal assistant, gives users more options for reminders, notifications and searches.
According to Mashable, the app runs like a voice-controlled personal assistant and allows users to program reminders and run searches without a keyboard.
Users can also set up alerts that will trigger when they arrive at certain locations, for example the Google app can tell to `buy more coffee beans` the next time one steps foot in a local coffee shop.
These features are familiar to Android users as they are already part of the Google Search app in the Google Play store, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!