Govt asks Internet service providers to remove hate content
New Delhi: Government has issued directions to all Internet service providers to disable any inflammatory or hateful content that targets the community for northeastern states.
"Based on complaints regarding content that`s inflammatory, hateful and inciting violence targeting North East Community, DIT has issued an advisory to all intermediaries," Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot said.
The advisory based on terms and provisions of IT Act and Rules asks them to take action for disabling all such content on priority, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley