Govt asks Internet service providers to remove hate content
New Delhi: Government has issued directions to all Internet service providers to disable any inflammatory or hateful content that targets the community for northeastern states.
"Based on complaints regarding content that`s inflammatory, hateful and inciting violence targeting North East Community, DIT has issued an advisory to all intermediaries," Union Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot said.
The advisory based on terms and provisions of IT Act and Rules asks them to take action for disabling all such content on priority, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?