Govt bans 39 pornographic sites
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian government has issued an order to ban several pornographic websites.
According to a report in a leading newspaper, the Department of Telecom (DoT) has directed internet service providers (ISPs) in an order dated June 13 to block 39 websites where internet users share images and URLs to download pornographic files.
The blocked websites are hosted outside India and claim to operate under the 18 USC 2257 rule enforced by the US, said the report. No reason or law were stipulated under which the websites have been blocked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof