Govt bans 39 pornographic sites
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian government has issued an order to ban several pornographic websites.
According to a report in a leading newspaper, the Department of Telecom (DoT) has directed internet service providers (ISPs) in an order dated June 13 to block 39 websites where internet users share images and URLs to download pornographic files.
The blocked websites are hosted outside India and claim to operate under the 18 USC 2257 rule enforced by the US, said the report. No reason or law were stipulated under which the websites have been blocked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet