Govt bans 39 pornographic sites
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian government has issued an order to ban several pornographic websites.
According to a report in a leading newspaper, the Department of Telecom (DoT) has directed internet service providers (ISPs) in an order dated June 13 to block 39 websites where internet users share images and URLs to download pornographic files.
The blocked websites are hosted outside India and claim to operate under the 18 USC 2257 rule enforced by the US, said the report. No reason or law were stipulated under which the websites have been blocked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone