Govt bans 39 pornographic sites
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian government has issued an order to ban several pornographic websites.
According to a report in a leading newspaper, the Department of Telecom (DoT) has directed internet service providers (ISPs) in an order dated June 13 to block 39 websites where internet users share images and URLs to download pornographic files.
The blocked websites are hosted outside India and claim to operate under the 18 USC 2257 rule enforced by the US, said the report. No reason or law were stipulated under which the websites have been blocked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal