Govt bans 39 pornographic sites
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Indian government has issued an order to ban several pornographic websites.
According to a report in a leading newspaper, the Department of Telecom (DoT) has directed internet service providers (ISPs) in an order dated June 13 to block 39 websites where internet users share images and URLs to download pornographic files.
The blocked websites are hosted outside India and claim to operate under the 18 USC 2257 rule enforced by the US, said the report. No reason or law were stipulated under which the websites have been blocked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29