Govt may launch eGreetings portal on Thursday
New Delhi: The government is likely to launch a website tomorrow (Thursday) through which a user can send electronic greeting cards, under its `Digital India` initiative.
The eGreetings portal aims to encourage people to increase the use of Internet by sending greetings to their friends and family on various occasions through the portal.
"The portal aims to promote sending eGreetings to colleagues and friends. It allows a user to select a greeting for various occasions and send it to friends and family," sources said.
The portal will be launched by Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad tomorrow, they added.
To encourage citizen`s participation, the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY) will also start a campaign asking users of `MyGov` site to contribute to the design bouquet of eGreetings.
Selected designs will become a part of the portal -- http://egreetings.India.Gov.In.
"The portal will also allow a user to select a quote of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which can be sent as part of the greeting," they said.
To send a greeting, a user needs to be a registered user of the government`s email service or MyGov platform or the India Gov platform, sources added.
The Digital India initiative, under which the government will spend Rs 500 crore this fiscal, aims to bridge the divide between digital haves and have-nots.
The programme will ensure broadband connectivity at village level, improved access to services through IT-enabled platforms, greater transparency in government processes and increased indigenous production of IT hardware and software for exports and improved domestic availability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH