Govt may launch eGreetings portal on Thursday
New Delhi: The government is likely to launch a website tomorrow (Thursday) through which a user can send electronic greeting cards, under its `Digital India` initiative.
The eGreetings portal aims to encourage people to increase the use of Internet by sending greetings to their friends and family on various occasions through the portal.
"The portal aims to promote sending eGreetings to colleagues and friends. It allows a user to select a greeting for various occasions and send it to friends and family," sources said.
The portal will be launched by Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad tomorrow, they added.
To encourage citizen`s participation, the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY) will also start a campaign asking users of `MyGov` site to contribute to the design bouquet of eGreetings.
Selected designs will become a part of the portal -- http://egreetings.India.Gov.In.
"The portal will also allow a user to select a quote of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which can be sent as part of the greeting," they said.
To send a greeting, a user needs to be a registered user of the government`s email service or MyGov platform or the India Gov platform, sources added.
The Digital India initiative, under which the government will spend Rs 500 crore this fiscal, aims to bridge the divide between digital haves and have-nots.
The programme will ensure broadband connectivity at village level, improved access to services through IT-enabled platforms, greater transparency in government processes and increased indigenous production of IT hardware and software for exports and improved domestic availability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks