`Govt websites must follow security guidelines`
New Delhi: All government websites must adhere to the web security guidelines and those issued by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Minister of State for Communications Sachin Pilot said Tuesday in the wake of the recent attack on the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) website.
In order to review the security measures of websites and issues related to cyber space, the minister also instructed the NIC to host a website only after the department concerned produces its security certification.
Pilot was speaking after a meeting with the department of information technology, the ministry of home affairs, Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), the NIC and the CBI earlier in the day.
According to CERT-In, all government websites should be audited for quality and security prior to hosting. CERT-In has empanelled over 50 IT security auditors for check IT infrastructure of the organisations.
The minister also said that the number of Indian websites have witnessed a tremendous rise from 1.7 lakh in 2005 to 1 crore websites as of now. This demands the ministries and public sector enterprises pay close attention to cyber security guidelines.
Earlier this month, the CBI website was defaced by a group identifying itself as the Pakistani Cyber Army, which also claimed to have hacked the server of the National Informatics Centre.
The investigation agency had confirmed that its website was hacked and that it had no idea who was behind this attack.
According to a CBI official, the hackers posted a message on its website that read "Pakistan Zindabad".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly