Govts, businesses to discuss cybersecurity threats
Washington: Government officials and business leaders from around the world are meeting in Texas this week to discuss what all agree is an area of common and growing
The Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit, hosted by the EastWest Institute (EWI), opens in Dallas on Monday and will feature three days of discussions on ways to protect the world`s digital infrastructure from electronic threats.
Among those scheduled to address the gathering, being
held in the wake of sophisticated cyberattacks on Google which
the Internet giant said originated in China, are President
Barack Obama`s National Security Advisor James Jones
and White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt.
The EWI, a non-partisan think tank, is bringing together
400 government officials, business leaders and cybersecurity
experts from China, France, Germany, India, Russia, the United
States and nearly three dozen other countries to "map the
dangers and areas of cooperation" in cyberspace.
"The skyrocketing severity and frequency of cyberattacks
against businesses, governments and other institutions
globally pose an ominous threat to the stability of the
international economy and peace itself," according to
"Nations have well established rules of the game on land,
sea, air and in outer space," it said. "There is a significant
lack of such rules in the fifth common domain -- cyberspace."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh