‘Gun-like’ Google Glass not to have Snapchat app anytime soon: Co-founder
Washington: Snapchat CEO and co-founder, Evan Spiegel has reportedly said that the photo and video sharing app is not being developed for the Google Glass as of now.
Spiegel said that unlike other companies, which are developing apps for Google’s wearable computing gadget, his company is not working towards joining the bandwagon anytime soon.
The Snapchat co-founder said that the Google Glass appears like a kind of gun, pointed at people, which doesn``t fit into the Snapchat experience and certainly doesn`t make Snapchatters feel comfortable, Huffington Post reports.
However, the founder did reveal plans on developing apps for Samsung’s smartwatch Galaxy Gear, which according to Spiegel, reduces the amount of time between seeing something one really wants to share and being able to share it.
The report added that in the wearable computing market, smartwatches are relatively less expensive than the Google Glass which comes with a price tag of 1,500 dollars each for the ‘Explorers Edition’ while Samsung’s Galaxy Gear is priced at 299 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town