‘Gun-like’ Google Glass not to have Snapchat app anytime soon: Co-founder
Washington: Snapchat CEO and co-founder, Evan Spiegel has reportedly said that the photo and video sharing app is not being developed for the Google Glass as of now.
Spiegel said that unlike other companies, which are developing apps for Google’s wearable computing gadget, his company is not working towards joining the bandwagon anytime soon.
The Snapchat co-founder said that the Google Glass appears like a kind of gun, pointed at people, which doesn``t fit into the Snapchat experience and certainly doesn`t make Snapchatters feel comfortable, Huffington Post reports.
However, the founder did reveal plans on developing apps for Samsung’s smartwatch Galaxy Gear, which according to Spiegel, reduces the amount of time between seeing something one really wants to share and being able to share it.
The report added that in the wearable computing market, smartwatches are relatively less expensive than the Google Glass which comes with a price tag of 1,500 dollars each for the ‘Explorers Edition’ while Samsung’s Galaxy Gear is priced at 299 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo to sing peppy number in Bollywood for 'Tum Bin 2'
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat