‘Gun-like’ Google Glass not to have Snapchat app anytime soon: Co-founder
Washington: Snapchat CEO and co-founder, Evan Spiegel has reportedly said that the photo and video sharing app is not being developed for the Google Glass as of now.
Spiegel said that unlike other companies, which are developing apps for Google’s wearable computing gadget, his company is not working towards joining the bandwagon anytime soon.
The Snapchat co-founder said that the Google Glass appears like a kind of gun, pointed at people, which doesn``t fit into the Snapchat experience and certainly doesn`t make Snapchatters feel comfortable, Huffington Post reports.
However, the founder did reveal plans on developing apps for Samsung’s smartwatch Galaxy Gear, which according to Spiegel, reduces the amount of time between seeing something one really wants to share and being able to share it.
The report added that in the wearable computing market, smartwatches are relatively less expensive than the Google Glass which comes with a price tag of 1,500 dollars each for the ‘Explorers Edition’ while Samsung’s Galaxy Gear is priced at 299 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city