Habits of Facebook users revealed!
Washington: Facebook turns ten and a reality-check of its users reportedly points to their irksome habits like oversharing, unasked tagging and even the feeling of jealousy!
A study by the Pew Research Center, in its study about the decade-old social networking giant, charts the habits of its users.
According to Cnet, the study indicates that about 36 percent of Facebook users do not like it when their friends ` overshare`, simply put, post about every mundane detail about their lives on the site.
Users said they `strongly dislike` when friends post too much information about themselves and clutter the News Feed.
The users said that it is also annoying when friends share information about them, like photos or check-ins, without first asking permission.
The study also found that users often feel jealous when they see others having fun during social activities, in which they weren`t included in, and only 5 percent of those surveyed admitted not being scared of missing out.
The report said that 12 percent of Facebook users were asked to de-friend someone on their network and 22 percent of those said that the request was specifically made to cut Facebook ties with a former romantic partner.
Although, users hit ` Like` and posted comments to photos regularly, only 10 percent changed their statuses daily.
The study further revealed that only 19 percent of users send private Facebook messages on a daily basis, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened