Hack, a New Age programming language from Facebook
New York: It is called Hack but it has little to do with hacking. It is a new programming language designed by Facebook that lets programmers build complex websites and other software quickly and without many flaws.
"We can say with complete assurance that this has been as battle-tested as it can possibly be,” Bryan O`Sullivan, the Facebook engineer behind the language, said in a statement.
Experts say Hack is a new version of PHP - the language Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg used when he started building Facebook.
Hack too runs on the Hip Hop Virtual Machine but it lets coders use both dynamic typing and static typing.
For the next decade, Zuckerberg and his rapidly growing company continued to build their site with PHP.
But as a PHP site grows, you need far more computer servers to run the thing than you would with other languages and it can be difficult to manage all your code and keep it free of bugs.
Hack makes it easier to manage code and eliminate errors.
It provides these benefits without slowing down the developer. Unlike other statically type languages, Hack can run without compiling.
“You edit a file and you reload a web page and you immediately get the feedback. You get both safety and speed,” O’Sullivan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Nigerian Air Force says kills top Boko Haram militants, leader believed wounded
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders
- Congress MLAs suspended after Gujarat Assembly ruckus over Dalits
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen