Hackers claim credit for taking down CIA website
Washington: An Internet hacking group named UGNazi has claimed responsibility for bringing down America’s Central Intelligence Agency website.
The cia.gov site was unavailable yesterday, allegedly due to a Denial of Service (DDS)-attack.
The hack was initially claimed by Anonymous after the group tweeted, ‘CIA TANGO DOWN’.
But later Anonymous admitted that fellow hacktivists UGNazi had instead brought down the site, The Telegraph reports.
The CIA did not confirm the attack but said they were ‘looking into these reports’.
Hacktivists also reportedly attacked the website for the United Nations, the paper said.
According to a CNN report, the group said the attack was in response to the state of Alabama’s ‘recent racist legislation in an attempt to punish immigrants as criminals’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!