Hackers group `UGNazi` claims responsibility for Twitter shutdown
London: A hacker group has claimed responsibility for outages at Twitter due to which millions of social media users were unable to access the micro blogging website on Thursday.
The site was unavailable for over 30 minutes in countries all over the world from Europe through to Asia following the outages.
A hacker for the group UG Nazi, which has in the past been affiliated with LulzSec, immediately claimed responsibility for the downage, attributing it to a simple DDos attack, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, the hacker, who calls herself Cosmo, claimed taking down the site had been `surprisingly simple`.
“It wasn``t really difficult at all, I myself honestly thought Twitter would be more protected from a DDoS Attack, but I guess not,” she said.
Asked why she had taken down the popular social networking site, she said, `the attack was mainly for the `lulz`, it goes to show what we are capable of.`
Meanwhile, a spokesman for Twitter said the issue was caused by `a cascaded bug in one of our infrastructure components`.
He declined to say whether it was a technical failure or a malicious attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!