Hackers hijack and deface Google Palestine
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso Kaping
New Delhi: Hackers hijacked and rerouted Google’s Palestine domain to a different server apparently in objection to labelling of Palestinian territories as Israel in Google Maps.
The group Hackteach claimed responsibility and left a message on the homepage.
“uncle google we say hi from palestine to remember you that the country in google map not called israel. its called Palestine,” the statement read.“#Question : what would happens if we changed the country title of Isreal to Palestine in google maps !!! it would be revolution ..So Listen to rihanna and be cool :P.”
Earlier in May, Google changed the tagline on homepage of its Palestinian edition from “Palestinian territories” to “Palestine” in line with the UN’s decision last year upgrading the Palestinians` status to "non-member observer state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda