Hackers plant Tupac hoax on US news website
New York: The website of a US public television news program said its website had been targeted by hackers who planted a false story about rapper Tupac Shakur.
The website of the NewsHour program was briefly shut down, but the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) told visitors that "no personal information or email addresses were compromised in any way during the incident."
On Sunday a story appeared on the site saying that Shakur was still alive and hiding out in New Zealand.
The rapper was gunned down in 1996 in Las Vegas.
A group calling itself LulzSec claimed to have hacked the site in a posting on the micro-blogging website Twitter, saying the attack was motivated by a recent program about the whistle-blower website WikiLeaks.
In a separate incident, the US defense contractor Lockheed Martin said on Saturday that it was investigating a "significant and tenacious attack on its information systems network" that took place on May 21.
It did not mention the suspected source of the cyber-attack, but said its security team had detected the attack almost immediately and taken "aggressive actions" to protect all systems and data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS