Hacking collective Anonymous launches `citizen journalism site`
London: Notorious Internet hacking collective Anonymous has launched a citizen journalism site that aims to collect breaking reports and blogs.
The site, Your Anon News, will include feeds for livestream events "as they are taking place instead of the 10-second sound bites provided by the corporate media".
The group has raised 54,798 dollars to get the site up and running, the BBC reports.
According to the report, the aim of the site is to bring together and expand its Your Anon news (YAN) service that currently runs on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
The money, collected on fundraising site Indiegogo in the account name "Jackal Anon", will be used for development and hosting fees.
Over 1,000 people contributed to the fund and were rewarded with Anonymous memorabilia including mugs, t-shirts and hoodies, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing