Hacking collective Anonymous launches `citizen journalism site`
London: Notorious Internet hacking collective Anonymous has launched a citizen journalism site that aims to collect breaking reports and blogs.
The site, Your Anon News, will include feeds for livestream events "as they are taking place instead of the 10-second sound bites provided by the corporate media".
The group has raised 54,798 dollars to get the site up and running, the BBC reports.
According to the report, the aim of the site is to bring together and expand its Your Anon news (YAN) service that currently runs on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
The money, collected on fundraising site Indiegogo in the account name "Jackal Anon", will be used for development and hosting fees.
Over 1,000 people contributed to the fund and were rewarded with Anonymous memorabilia including mugs, t-shirts and hoodies, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill