Hacking collective Anonymous launches `citizen journalism site`
London: Notorious Internet hacking collective Anonymous has launched a citizen journalism site that aims to collect breaking reports and blogs.
The site, Your Anon News, will include feeds for livestream events "as they are taking place instead of the 10-second sound bites provided by the corporate media".
The group has raised 54,798 dollars to get the site up and running, the BBC reports.
According to the report, the aim of the site is to bring together and expand its Your Anon news (YAN) service that currently runs on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
The money, collected on fundraising site Indiegogo in the account name "Jackal Anon", will be used for development and hosting fees.
Over 1,000 people contributed to the fund and were rewarded with Anonymous memorabilia including mugs, t-shirts and hoodies, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened