Hacking collective Anonymous launches `citizen journalism site`
London: Notorious Internet hacking collective Anonymous has launched a citizen journalism site that aims to collect breaking reports and blogs.
The site, Your Anon News, will include feeds for livestream events "as they are taking place instead of the 10-second sound bites provided by the corporate media".
The group has raised 54,798 dollars to get the site up and running, the BBC reports.
According to the report, the aim of the site is to bring together and expand its Your Anon news (YAN) service that currently runs on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
The money, collected on fundraising site Indiegogo in the account name "Jackal Anon", will be used for development and hosting fees.
Over 1,000 people contributed to the fund and were rewarded with Anonymous memorabilia including mugs, t-shirts and hoodies, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH