Hackivist `Anonymous` becomes latest victim of Twitter hacking
London: Notorious Internet hacking collective Anonymous has been left red-faced as one of its popular Twitter feeds is taken over by rival hacktivists.
Less-known group Rustle League said it had hacked the @Anon_Central account, which has 160,000 followers.
It follows some high-profile Twitter hacks in recent days - including accounts for Burger King, Jeep and BBC Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson.
According to the BBC, Graham Cluley, senior consultant at security firm Sophos, said that the reason Anonymous fell victim is probably human weakness.
Chances are that they followed poor password practices, like using the same password in multiple places or choosing a password that was easy to crack, the expert said.
He said that everyone should learn better password security from incidents like this, adding that if it can happen to an account run by Anonymous supporters, it could also happen to others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey