Hackivist `Anonymous` becomes latest victim of Twitter hacking
London: Notorious Internet hacking collective Anonymous has been left red-faced as one of its popular Twitter feeds is taken over by rival hacktivists.
Less-known group Rustle League said it had hacked the @Anon_Central account, which has 160,000 followers.
It follows some high-profile Twitter hacks in recent days - including accounts for Burger King, Jeep and BBC Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson.
According to the BBC, Graham Cluley, senior consultant at security firm Sophos, said that the reason Anonymous fell victim is probably human weakness.
Chances are that they followed poor password practices, like using the same password in multiple places or choosing a password that was easy to crack, the expert said.
He said that everyone should learn better password security from incidents like this, adding that if it can happen to an account run by Anonymous supporters, it could also happen to others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report
- Global warnings on Brexit consequences