Happy 10th birthday Gmail
Washington: Google`s Gmail has reportedly turned 10 years old this April 1st.
The company had launched its email service in beta form 10 years ago on April 1st, 2004.
According to the Verge, in the beginning, Gmail was an invite-only affair, and invites would remain the only way of signing up until 2007.
Later on, Gmail was made much easier to access, and it went on to become the most sought after email service, putting its rivals to shame.
While Gmail has evolved and seen numerous design changes, it finally dropped the "beta" label in 2009, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India