Happy Earth Day 2014: Google celebrates with animated doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Internet giant Google has come up with yet another cute animated doodle to wish its users Happy Earth Day.
The users are greeted with six animated species namely Rufous humming bird, Japanese Macaque, Veiled chameleon, Moon jellyfish, Puffer fish and Dung beetle.
The first doodle shows the Rufous Hummingbird bird flapping its wings and delivering nectar inside the flowers.
The next slides may throw up anyone of the five other species depicted in the doodle in a random manner - the dung beetle, veiled chameleon, Japanese macaque, moon jellyfish, puffer fish, all wishing the viewers a Happy Earth Day when one hover one`s mouse over the doodle.
Google has also placed a share button just below the doodle. When a user clicks on it, Google shares the doodle on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
The concept of celebrating Earth Day started in 1970 and is now marked in more than 192 countries each year to demonstrate the need to protect environment.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video