Happy Earth Day 2014: Google celebrates with animated doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Internet giant Google has come up with yet another cute animated doodle to wish its users Happy Earth Day.
The users are greeted with six animated species namely Rufous humming bird, Japanese Macaque, Veiled chameleon, Moon jellyfish, Puffer fish and Dung beetle.
The first doodle shows the Rufous Hummingbird bird flapping its wings and delivering nectar inside the flowers.
The next slides may throw up anyone of the five other species depicted in the doodle in a random manner - the dung beetle, veiled chameleon, Japanese macaque, moon jellyfish, puffer fish, all wishing the viewers a Happy Earth Day when one hover one`s mouse over the doodle.
Google has also placed a share button just below the doodle. When a user clicks on it, Google shares the doodle on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
The concept of celebrating Earth Day started in 1970 and is now marked in more than 192 countries each year to demonstrate the need to protect environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi