Happy Halloween! Google celebrates with spooky Doodle
New Delhi: Getting into the Halloween groove, search giant Google on Wednesday dished out a spooky surprise with a new interactive Halloween Doodle on its home page.
Modeled as haunted mansion (numbered 13) with a skeleton dangling by the door, the Doodle has the Google name turned into a house with several closed doors. On clicking on the doors, scary monsters appear. The doodle also has eerie audio which adds to the atmosphere.
To add to the fun, a black cat jumps out of the trash can outside the house. There are also a crowing crow and a spider to complete the scary picture.
While the first door has a blue one-eyed monstrous octopus that stands for `G` in the Google logo, the next door reveals a pair of red and yellow eyes, behind the third door is the second `G` as a veiled ghost. The clattering skeleton is the `L` and a smiley face that roars into a monster represents the `E`.
After all doors are opened, one can click on them again to interact. After the cat jumps out of the frame that the page redirects to the search results page for the keyword "Happy Halloween!"
Last year, Google celebrated Halloween with a special pumpkin carving doodle.
Halloween, also called All Hallows` Eve, falls on the eve of All Saints` Day. While it has religious significance for some Christians, nowadays, it is observed largely as a secular celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?