Happy Halloween! Google celebrates with spooky Doodle
New Delhi: Getting into the Halloween groove, search giant Google on Wednesday dished out a spooky surprise with a new interactive Halloween Doodle on its home page.
Modeled as haunted mansion (numbered 13) with a skeleton dangling by the door, the Doodle has the Google name turned into a house with several closed doors. On clicking on the doors, scary monsters appear. The doodle also has eerie audio which adds to the atmosphere.
To add to the fun, a black cat jumps out of the trash can outside the house. There are also a crowing crow and a spider to complete the scary picture.
While the first door has a blue one-eyed monstrous octopus that stands for `G` in the Google logo, the next door reveals a pair of red and yellow eyes, behind the third door is the second `G` as a veiled ghost. The clattering skeleton is the `L` and a smiley face that roars into a monster represents the `E`.
After all doors are opened, one can click on them again to interact. After the cat jumps out of the frame that the page redirects to the search results page for the keyword "Happy Halloween!"
Last year, Google celebrated Halloween with a special pumpkin carving doodle.
Halloween, also called All Hallows` Eve, falls on the eve of All Saints` Day. While it has religious significance for some Christians, nowadays, it is observed largely as a secular celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre