Happy Halloween! Google celebrates with spooky Doodle
New Delhi: Getting into the Halloween groove, search giant Google on Wednesday dished out a spooky surprise with a new interactive Halloween Doodle on its home page.
Modeled as haunted mansion (numbered 13) with a skeleton dangling by the door, the Doodle has the Google name turned into a house with several closed doors. On clicking on the doors, scary monsters appear. The doodle also has eerie audio which adds to the atmosphere.
To add to the fun, a black cat jumps out of the trash can outside the house. There are also a crowing crow and a spider to complete the scary picture.
While the first door has a blue one-eyed monstrous octopus that stands for `G` in the Google logo, the next door reveals a pair of red and yellow eyes, behind the third door is the second `G` as a veiled ghost. The clattering skeleton is the `L` and a smiley face that roars into a monster represents the `E`.
After all doors are opened, one can click on them again to interact. After the cat jumps out of the frame that the page redirects to the search results page for the keyword "Happy Halloween!"
Last year, Google celebrated Halloween with a special pumpkin carving doodle.
Halloween, also called All Hallows` Eve, falls on the eve of All Saints` Day. While it has religious significance for some Christians, nowadays, it is observed largely as a secular celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore