Happy Halloween! Google celebrates with spooky Doodle
New Delhi: Getting into the Halloween groove, search giant Google on Wednesday dished out a spooky surprise with a new interactive Halloween Doodle on its home page.
Modeled as haunted mansion (numbered 13) with a skeleton dangling by the door, the Doodle has the Google name turned into a house with several closed doors. On clicking on the doors, scary monsters appear. The doodle also has eerie audio which adds to the atmosphere.
To add to the fun, a black cat jumps out of the trash can outside the house. There are also a crowing crow and a spider to complete the scary picture.
While the first door has a blue one-eyed monstrous octopus that stands for `G` in the Google logo, the next door reveals a pair of red and yellow eyes, behind the third door is the second `G` as a veiled ghost. The clattering skeleton is the `L` and a smiley face that roars into a monster represents the `E`.
After all doors are opened, one can click on them again to interact. After the cat jumps out of the frame that the page redirects to the search results page for the keyword "Happy Halloween!"
Last year, Google celebrated Halloween with a special pumpkin carving doodle.
Halloween, also called All Hallows` Eve, falls on the eve of All Saints` Day. While it has religious significance for some Christians, nowadays, it is observed largely as a secular celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!