Happy Halloween! Google celebrates with spooky Doodle
New Delhi: Getting into the Halloween groove, search giant Google on Wednesday dished out a spooky surprise with a new interactive Halloween Doodle on its home page.
Modeled as haunted mansion (numbered 13) with a skeleton dangling by the door, the Doodle has the Google name turned into a house with several closed doors. On clicking on the doors, scary monsters appear. The doodle also has eerie audio which adds to the atmosphere.
To add to the fun, a black cat jumps out of the trash can outside the house. There are also a crowing crow and a spider to complete the scary picture.
While the first door has a blue one-eyed monstrous octopus that stands for `G` in the Google logo, the next door reveals a pair of red and yellow eyes, behind the third door is the second `G` as a veiled ghost. The clattering skeleton is the `L` and a smiley face that roars into a monster represents the `E`.
After all doors are opened, one can click on them again to interact. After the cat jumps out of the frame that the page redirects to the search results page for the keyword "Happy Halloween!"
Last year, Google celebrated Halloween with a special pumpkin carving doodle.
Halloween, also called All Hallows` Eve, falls on the eve of All Saints` Day. While it has religious significance for some Christians, nowadays, it is observed largely as a secular celebration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics