Happy Mother`s Day: Google celebrates with a doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Keeping up with the tradition, Internet giant Google, honours mothers around the world with a nice doodle.
Visitors on the homepage are treated with a doodle which depicts a `super-mom` wearing a cape and enjoying a bicycle ride with her kids.
Mother’s Day is celebrated every year on the second Sunday of May.
Though honouring motherhood has been around since ancient times in many cultures, the present day celebration began in 1908, when Anna Jarvis requested the church where her mother, Anna Reeves, spent over 20 years teaching Sunday School, to hold a memorial for her mother in the United States in remembrance of her mother.
She then began a campaign to make Mother`s Day a recognised holiday in the US. After her tireless efforts, Mother`s Day became an official holiday in the US in 1914 and was also adopted by other countries including India.
So, this Mother`s Day, give your mother all the respect, love and attention that she deserves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre