Happy Mother`s Day: Google celebrates with a doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Keeping up with the tradition, Internet giant Google, honours mothers around the world with a nice doodle.
Visitors on the homepage are treated with a doodle which depicts a `super-mom` wearing a cape and enjoying a bicycle ride with her kids.
Mother’s Day is celebrated every year on the second Sunday of May.
Though honouring motherhood has been around since ancient times in many cultures, the present day celebration began in 1908, when Anna Jarvis requested the church where her mother, Anna Reeves, spent over 20 years teaching Sunday School, to hold a memorial for her mother in the United States in remembrance of her mother.
She then began a campaign to make Mother`s Day a recognised holiday in the US. After her tireless efforts, Mother`s Day became an official holiday in the US in 1914 and was also adopted by other countries including India.
So, this Mother`s Day, give your mother all the respect, love and attention that she deserves.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India