Happy Mother`s Day: Google celebrates with a doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Keeping up with the tradition, Internet giant Google, honours mothers around the world with a nice doodle.
Visitors on the homepage are treated with a doodle which depicts a `super-mom` wearing a cape and enjoying a bicycle ride with her kids.
Mother’s Day is celebrated every year on the second Sunday of May.
Though honouring motherhood has been around since ancient times in many cultures, the present day celebration began in 1908, when Anna Jarvis requested the church where her mother, Anna Reeves, spent over 20 years teaching Sunday School, to hold a memorial for her mother in the United States in remembrance of her mother.
She then began a campaign to make Mother`s Day a recognised holiday in the US. After her tireless efforts, Mother`s Day became an official holiday in the US in 1914 and was also adopted by other countries including India.
So, this Mother`s Day, give your mother all the respect, love and attention that she deserves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY