`Happy, positive` messages key to success on Twitter: Study
Washington: Scientists have discovered the secret to becoming popular on micro-blogging site Twitter.
C.J. Hutto and colleagues at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta examined the content and retweeting fate of tweets sent by 500 non-celebrities over a 15-month period. They looked for 2800 terms that convey positive and negative emotions, including slang and swear words, a set of emoticons and common acronyms, like LOL.
The keys to success, they found, were to tweet positive messages, write clearly and retweet interesting titbits of news. People who tweeted mostly about themselves didn`t fare so well.
The study suggests it is the content of the tweets that has the biggest impact on the size of Twitter audience.
Hutto said how engaged people are with their followers also matters. Readability was also key, he added.
The researchers will present their findings at the Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems in Paris, France, in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof