Harry Potter e-Books come to Amazon Kindle library
San Francisco: On-line retailing giant Amazon has announced that all seven Harry Potter eBooks will be added to its eBook lending library for owners of the company`s Kindle devices starting June 19.
"We`re absolutely delighted to have reached this agreement with Pottermore. This is the kind of significant investment in the Kindle ecosystem that we`ll continue to make on behalf of Kindle owners," Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive officer of Amazon, said in a statement Thursday.
Subscribers of Amazon Prime, a service providing free shipping and discounts for $79 a year, will be able to borrow these bestsellers for free from the Kindle Owners` Lending Library, reported Xinhua.
Author J.K.Rowling has been refusing to sell Harry Potter in electronic form through book retailers like Amazon or Barnes & Noble in the US.
Late March, Amazon announced that Harry Potter books will be available to read on all its Kindle devices and apps, but readers would have to buy these books directly from J.K.Rowling`s own eBook store "Pottermore" and then download them to their Kindle devices.
Despite the inconvenience, Pottermore still sold some $1.6 million worth of eBooks in three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS