Harry Potter e-books coming to schools, libraries
New York: Harry Potter e-books are coming to schools and libraries, at a date to be determined.
OverDrive Inc., a leading distributor for the school and library markets, announced Monday that it has reached an agreement with JK Rowling`s Pottermore website to make downloads of the seven Potter books available for students and library patrons. The mega-selling series will be available to more than 18,000 schools and libraries, in more than 20 languages.
Rowling had resisted the electronic format until last year, when she announced that Potter e-books would be sold through her newly-created Pottermore site. The digital editions were supposed to go on sale last fall, but the site is still under construction and their release has been delayed indefinitely.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know