Harry Potter e-books coming to schools, libraries
New York: Harry Potter e-books are coming to schools and libraries, at a date to be determined.
OverDrive Inc., a leading distributor for the school and library markets, announced Monday that it has reached an agreement with JK Rowling`s Pottermore website to make downloads of the seven Potter books available for students and library patrons. The mega-selling series will be available to more than 18,000 schools and libraries, in more than 20 languages.
Rowling had resisted the electronic format until last year, when she announced that Potter e-books would be sold through her newly-created Pottermore site. The digital editions were supposed to go on sale last fall, but the site is still under construction and their release has been delayed indefinitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...