Harry Potter e-books coming to schools, libraries
New York: Harry Potter e-books are coming to schools and libraries, at a date to be determined.
OverDrive Inc., a leading distributor for the school and library markets, announced Monday that it has reached an agreement with JK Rowling`s Pottermore website to make downloads of the seven Potter books available for students and library patrons. The mega-selling series will be available to more than 18,000 schools and libraries, in more than 20 languages.
Rowling had resisted the electronic format until last year, when she announced that Potter e-books would be sold through her newly-created Pottermore site. The digital editions were supposed to go on sale last fall, but the site is still under construction and their release has been delayed indefinitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan