Herman Melville`s Moby Dick honoured with Google doodle
New Delhi: Continuing with its trend, Google on Thursday honoured American novelist Herman Melville with a doodle, commemorating the 161st anniversary of the publication of his landmark novel Moby Dick.
The doodle, which portrays a scene from the novel Moby Dick, also shows Captain Ahab commandeering a whaling boat with a harpoon in his hands as if he is getting ready to strike at the enigmatic white sperm whale.
Moby Dick, also published as The Whale, was first published by Richard Bentley in London on October 18, 1851, in an expurgated three-volume edition, and weeks later as a single volume, by New York City publisher Harper and Brothers as Moby Dick; or, The Whale on November 14, 1851.
Herman Melville’s Moby Dick was hailed as one of the literary masterpieces of both American and world literature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter