Herman Melville`s Moby Dick honoured with Google doodle
New Delhi: Continuing with its trend, Google on Thursday honoured American novelist Herman Melville with a doodle, commemorating the 161st anniversary of the publication of his landmark novel Moby Dick.
The doodle, which portrays a scene from the novel Moby Dick, also shows Captain Ahab commandeering a whaling boat with a harpoon in his hands as if he is getting ready to strike at the enigmatic white sperm whale.
Moby Dick, also published as The Whale, was first published by Richard Bentley in London on October 18, 1851, in an expurgated three-volume edition, and weeks later as a single volume, by New York City publisher Harper and Brothers as Moby Dick; or, The Whale on November 14, 1851.
Herman Melville’s Moby Dick was hailed as one of the literary masterpieces of both American and world literature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL