`High profile` Google+ users immune from email feature!
Washington: Google latest feature allowing its social network`s users to send emails to other members might have totally upset them, but the elite few of the members are reportedly untouched by the fiasco.
The search giant recently rolled out a `by default` feature that allowed Google+ and Gmail users to send other users emails, even without the user`s email address.
However, the feature doesn`t include the ` high-profile` members of the service in its periphery who would only be able to receive messages from Google+ users that they have actively put in circles, The Verge reports.
Google in its statement announcing the new feature stated that as a user has a lot of followers on Google+, only people in their circles could contact them by default.
The new feature can be opted out by from by a simple change in settings of the Gmail, and choosing whichever section of audience, including, circles, extended circles, or no one, a person would want to receive messages from.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire