'hike messenger' crosses 100 million-users-mark
New Delhi: India's first homegrown messaging app hike messenger has crossed the 100 million-users-mark in January this year, now logging a monthly messaging volume of 40 billion messages, the company said on Thursday.
The mobile messaging app crossed the 70 million-users-mark in October 2015, and achieved the monthly messaging volume of 20 billion in August 2015. This means that users are now spending over 120 minutes per week on hike, a company statement said.
"We're off to a great start in 2016. Crossing 100 million users is a big milestone for us and we have achieved this well ahead of our expectations," said Kavin Bharti Mittal, CEO and founder of hike messenger.
"Hikers aren't only messaging and calling on hike, they're also reading news on hike in Hindi and English, viewing live cricket scores, getting inspired on Hike Daily, transferring huge files without internet on Hike Direct and so on," Mittal added.
According to the company, 90 percent of hike users are under the age of 30 and 90 percent of them are based in India.
The mobile messaging app, with a localised strategy for the country, continues to reach its young user base that consumes enormous amounts of byte-sized information, craves social interactions, shares like never before and survives on many challenges, including poor connectivity and limited data.
The app is available globally on Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry platforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested