How fancy for Facebook can leave you penniless!
Washington: A Florida headmaster had won an age discrimination settlement worth 80,000 dollars after a year-long battle, which was to be paid on the condition of keeping matters `confidential,` and then his daughter announced it all from the virtual rooftops.
Patrick Snay used to be the headmaster at Miami`s Gulliver Preparatory School and when his contract wasn`t renewed in 2010, he claimed age discrimination and that there had been retaliation against his daughter, who studied at the same school.
Snay won the settlement at the end of 2011, with the mega bucks going to him personally, as well as 10,000 dollars in previous earnings.
However, Snay`s daughter, Dana announced it to 1,200 of her closest friends on Facebook, saying "Mama and Papa Snay won the case against Gulliver. Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT," Cnet reports.
According to the report, out of those 1,200 closest friends, some were students at the Gulliver school and as soon as the news reached the lawyers, they immediately stalled the pay.
Snay could still try the Florida Supreme Court as the Florida`s Third District Court of Appeal ruled for the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal