How fancy for Facebook can leave you penniless!
Washington: A Florida headmaster had won an age discrimination settlement worth 80,000 dollars after a year-long battle, which was to be paid on the condition of keeping matters `confidential,` and then his daughter announced it all from the virtual rooftops.
Patrick Snay used to be the headmaster at Miami`s Gulliver Preparatory School and when his contract wasn`t renewed in 2010, he claimed age discrimination and that there had been retaliation against his daughter, who studied at the same school.
Snay won the settlement at the end of 2011, with the mega bucks going to him personally, as well as 10,000 dollars in previous earnings.
However, Snay`s daughter, Dana announced it to 1,200 of her closest friends on Facebook, saying "Mama and Papa Snay won the case against Gulliver. Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT," Cnet reports.
According to the report, out of those 1,200 closest friends, some were students at the Gulliver school and as soon as the news reached the lawyers, they immediately stalled the pay.
Snay could still try the Florida Supreme Court as the Florida`s Third District Court of Appeal ruled for the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Taj Mahal, Vaishno Devi among 10 iconic places to be cleaned!
- Deadlock persists as China leads opposition to India's NSG membership bid
- India slips one spot to 12th rank in millionaire population
- 'Dishoom' team to begin promotions at India's centrepoint
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016