How `Snail Mail My Email` turned strangers` digital messages into handwritten notes!
Washington: `Snail Mail My Email`, an initiative launched by artist Ivan Cash in 2011, is aimed at preserving the charm of handwritten notes in the digital age of sending emails and has reportedly seen success in its third installment.
In this year`s installment of the project, Cash created a video asking people on the streets of San Francisco to compare emails with letters and the winner were without doubt handwritten notes.
According to Mashable, the project was started by Cash in 2011 and for 30 days, he and hundreds of volunteers turned strangers` submitted email messages to handwritten notes.
The team delivers the letter to the said person, and it is entirely up to the receiver to keep the correspondence going.
Today, ` Snail Mail My Email` has become an annual week-long event and Cash said that over 200 people have signed up to write this year.
Cash said that what is amazing about the project is the generosity of the volunteers through the years, adding that it speaks to the essential value of human connection in the increasingly digital world, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir