How to protect your PC from Internet blackout...
New Delhi: Internet users can get their computers checked for presence of `Alureon/DNS Changer bot` virus.
You can visit US government approved website http://www.dns-ok.us - and check whether your computer gets an `all-clear` symbolized by the green background (see picture) or an `at risk` which is symbolized by red background.
Detailed information on ways to identify and clean up the virus can be found on a website that a group of security firms and other experts set up: www.dcwg.org.
Despite repeated alerts, the number of computers that probably are infected is more than 277,000 worldwide, down from about 360,000 in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen