How to protect your PC from Internet blackout...
New Delhi: Internet users can get their computers checked for presence of `Alureon/DNS Changer bot` virus.
You can visit US government approved website http://www.dns-ok.us - and check whether your computer gets an `all-clear` symbolized by the green background (see picture) or an `at risk` which is symbolized by red background.
Detailed information on ways to identify and clean up the virus can be found on a website that a group of security firms and other experts set up: www.dcwg.org.
Despite repeated alerts, the number of computers that probably are infected is more than 277,000 worldwide, down from about 360,000 in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt