How to protect your PC from Internet blackout...
New Delhi: Internet users can get their computers checked for presence of `Alureon/DNS Changer bot` virus.
You can visit US government approved website http://www.dns-ok.us - and check whether your computer gets an `all-clear` symbolized by the green background (see picture) or an `at risk` which is symbolized by red background.
Detailed information on ways to identify and clean up the virus can be found on a website that a group of security firms and other experts set up: www.dcwg.org.
Despite repeated alerts, the number of computers that probably are infected is more than 277,000 worldwide, down from about 360,000 in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail