HP recalls notebook computer batteries
Washington: Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) has recalled notebook computer batteries after it was found they tend to overheat and pose a fire hazard.
The affected battery packs were distributed worldwide in a few notebook computers manufactured between August 2007 and May 2008, HP said in a statement Wednesday.
"HP fully stands behind the products it makes and has taken a proactive approach to this situation to ensure the safety of our customers and the integrity and quality of our products," Xinhua reported quoting the company statement.
Customers with affected products will receive a replacement battery pack for each verified, recalled battery pack at no cost, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Not in the best of form, Roger Federer reaches crossroads at Wimbledon
- Lodha panel's recommendations could take cricket 20 years back, feels Anurag Thakur
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced