Hyderabad Traffic Police goes high-tech
Hyderabad: In order to improve traffic enforcement in the city, Hyderabad Traffic Police (HTP) has equipped itself with new generation devices.
Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy, who inaugurated the integrated e-challan system and dedicated a slew of latest traffic devices to the department, said these equipment can effectively enforce traffic in the long run.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) C V Anand told reporters that they had received a lot of complaints with regard to the manual challans issued for various traffic violations.
"The introduction of the advanced traffic enforcement devices will ensure transparency and it is a step forward on getting equipped with latest technological equipment for traffic management," Anand said.
The HTP will be equipped with 150 hand-held advanced PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) devices, five laser speed guns, 10 tint meters for measuring visual light transmission of vehicles window-panes, 50 breathe analysers to curb drunken driving and 175 digital cameras, among other devices.
The e-challan system has several features to be introduced for the first time in the country. Advanced PDAs will be used in place of challan books, Anand said.
"With photographic evidence of the violation, public can view violation photos on HTP website besides pay the fine online," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'