Idea launches language assistance service
New Delhi: Telecom services provider Idea Cellular today launched a service which will help users to communicate with others in 16 different languages.
As part of its `Break the Language Barrier` campaign, mobile users can call the helpline number to get assistance on conversations in 16 different Indian languages, Idea Cellular said in a statement.
A charge of 50 paisa per minute will be applicable for calling the language helpline, it added. "Any of the over 650 million mobile users in the country who have to move out of their homes for career, education or travel and need to communicate with people talking different languages can avail this service," it said.
The helpline would be available across all 22 telecom circles in 16 Indian languages -? Assamese, Bengali, Bhojpuri, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Malayalam,
Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Punjabi, Rajasthani and Urdu. "Our consumer research revealed that people struggle to communicate with other fellow Indians when they move out to other parts of the country where a different language is spoken. Our consumer-oriented approach led us to develop this concept to offer real-time assistance on day-to-day conversations," Idea Cellular Senior Vice President (Marketing) Anupama Ahluwalia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested