Incredible map reveals Google `most popular` site across globe
Sydney: Google is the clear winner when it comes to popularity and usage across the world as revealed by an interesting map made by Oxford Internet Institute researchers.
The map is made by Mark Graham and Stefano De Stabbata, and shows that the search engine giant rules in Australia, the US, and most of Europe and South East Asia, followed close by China`s Baidu search engine.
According to a news website, the researchers said that the map shows that it is the very beginning of the Age of Internet Empires, and the territories carved out now will have important implications in the future.
The map, which is weighted by internet population, shows that social media giant Facebook is the most visited in North Africa, Mexico, much of South America and parts of the Middle East.
Meanwhile, Yahoo is shown dominating Japan followed by Russia`s Yandex, which is most visited website in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed