Independence Day: Google`s doodle features independent India`s first stamp
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: On the occasion of India`s 68th Independence Day, Google has created a special tricolour doodle, symbolising India`s national flag, on its homepage. The doodle also carries an independent India`s first stamp over it.
The first letter of the Google – `G` has been coloured alike the top stripe of our national flag, saffron colour. Then there is a postage stamp carrying India`s flag on it and a government stamp to depict the blue Ashok chakra. An then comes the green colour of our national flag which has been coloured over the last three letters.
The blue colour stamp with the Indian tricolour is the doodle that comes up when you open the Google`s India homepage.
On 21 November 1947, the first stamp of independent India was issued. It depicts the Indian flag with the patriots` slogan, Jai Hind (long live India), on the top right hand corner.
Priced at three and one-half annas, the stamp was meant for foreign correspondence.
"Doodles are the fun, surprising, and sometimes spontaneous changes that are made to the Google logo to celebrate holidays, anniversaries, and the lives of famous artists, pioneers, and scientists," the global internet giant said, PTI reported.
The flag of India -- called the `Tiranga`, meaning tricolor -- has three horizontal bars of saffron, white and green, and is embossed in the middle with a blue wheel known as `Ashoka chakra`. The `Tiranga` was adopted on July 24, 1947, in the wake of India’s independence from the British, and it is made only from khadi, domestically spun Indian cotton, as a symbol of nationalism and freedom.
Ashoka chakra - The circular symbol in the center of the flag, the Ashoka chakra, is the wheel of the `dharma`, the cosmic law that upholds the order of the universe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video