Independence Day India: Google doodles national bird
New Delhi: As India celebrates its 66th Independence Day on Wednesday amidst tight security, Google India welcomed its users with the national bird - its latest doodle – on the homepage.
The doodle with the `G` in shape of a peacock and the rest of the alphabets carefully placed behind the long colorful plumes of the national bird commemorates India`s independence from the British rule on 15th August 1947.
Last year, on 15th August, Google doodle featured the Red Fort, the site from where the Indian Prime Minister delivers his national address on Independence Day, on its India Homepage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah