India among `densest use` countries on Facebook`s global friendship map
London: Facebook`s recently released global friendships map shows India among the `densest use` countries where the social networking site is accessed the most to form friendships across the world.
The new map shows Facebook`s global reach now impacting India, Africa and South America.
The original version of the map, which was released three years ago, shows most of the world illuminated by transcontinental friendships, with oceans dominated by blue arcs of light, metro.co.uk reports.
According to the report, China is shown dark, because of the site being banned in the country, while countries like Russia, where homegrown networks are favoured, are also less bright.
Facebook`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg set the map as his cover photo and captioned it as the `map of all the friendships formed on Facebook across the world`.
The report said that visualisation was the brainchild of former intern Paul Butler, who revealed that is not just a pretty picture, it`s a reaffirmation of the impact Facebook has in connecting people, even across oceans and borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?