India among `densest use` countries on Facebook`s global friendship map
London: Facebook`s recently released global friendships map shows India among the `densest use` countries where the social networking site is accessed the most to form friendships across the world.
The new map shows Facebook`s global reach now impacting India, Africa and South America.
The original version of the map, which was released three years ago, shows most of the world illuminated by transcontinental friendships, with oceans dominated by blue arcs of light, metro.co.uk reports.
According to the report, China is shown dark, because of the site being banned in the country, while countries like Russia, where homegrown networks are favoured, are also less bright.
Facebook`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg set the map as his cover photo and captioned it as the `map of all the friendships formed on Facebook across the world`.
The report said that visualisation was the brainchild of former intern Paul Butler, who revealed that is not just a pretty picture, it`s a reaffirmation of the impact Facebook has in connecting people, even across oceans and borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims
- Two NDFB militants killed in Assam's Kokrajhar
- This Islamic outfit is opposing installation of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's statue - Know why
- BSF trooper stabs colleague, escapes with weapon in J&K
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action