India among world`s `worst online spies` in democratic countries
Johannesburg: Shady agencies working in democratically elected governments are among the worst online spies in the world, a media watchdog has said.
RSF said the move put the free world governments on the same level as offenders in Iran, China and Saudi Arabia.
Agencies such as the US National Security Agency, Britain`s GCHQ and the Centre for Development Telematics in India embrace the worst methods of snooping in the name of governments.
The Enemies of the Internet report made the revelation, saying wholesale spying by `free world` services is offered no distinction from the unabashed surveillance carried out by the world`s worst dictatorships.
The report said that the agencies have hacked into the very heart of the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon