India among world`s `worst online spies` in democratic countries
Johannesburg: Shady agencies working in democratically elected governments are among the worst online spies in the world, a media watchdog has said.
RSF said the move put the free world governments on the same level as offenders in Iran, China and Saudi Arabia.
Agencies such as the US National Security Agency, Britain`s GCHQ and the Centre for Development Telematics in India embrace the worst methods of snooping in the name of governments.
The Enemies of the Internet report made the revelation, saying wholesale spying by `free world` services is offered no distinction from the unabashed surveillance carried out by the world`s worst dictatorships.
The report said that the agencies have hacked into the very heart of the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'