India among world`s `worst online spies` in democratic countries
Johannesburg: Shady agencies working in democratically elected governments are among the worst online spies in the world, a media watchdog has said.
RSF said the move put the free world governments on the same level as offenders in Iran, China and Saudi Arabia.
Agencies such as the US National Security Agency, Britain`s GCHQ and the Centre for Development Telematics in India embrace the worst methods of snooping in the name of governments.
The Enemies of the Internet report made the revelation, saying wholesale spying by `free world` services is offered no distinction from the unabashed surveillance carried out by the world`s worst dictatorships.
The report said that the agencies have hacked into the very heart of the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj