India becomes largest market for WhatsApp with 48mn monthly active users
Washington: India is the largest market for the WhatsApp with 48 million monthly active users, the mobile messaging app spokesperson Neeraj Arora said.
According to a report by BGR India, Arora said there were 40 million monthly active users in India in February, meaning about four million new users a month.
WhatsApp has grown pretty big with Brazil, India, Mexico and Russia listed as countries with the fastest growth, CNET reports.
The messaging service was recently acquired by Facebook for 19 billion dollars.
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state