India becomes largest market for WhatsApp with 48mn monthly active users
Washington: India is the largest market for the WhatsApp with 48 million monthly active users, the mobile messaging app spokesperson Neeraj Arora said.
According to a report by BGR India, Arora said there were 40 million monthly active users in India in February, meaning about four million new users a month.
WhatsApp has grown pretty big with Brazil, India, Mexico and Russia listed as countries with the fastest growth, CNET reports.
The messaging service was recently acquired by Facebook for 19 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued