India becomes largest market for WhatsApp with 48mn monthly active users
Washington: India is the largest market for the WhatsApp with 48 million monthly active users, the mobile messaging app spokesperson Neeraj Arora said.
According to a report by BGR India, Arora said there were 40 million monthly active users in India in February, meaning about four million new users a month.
WhatsApp has grown pretty big with Brazil, India, Mexico and Russia listed as countries with the fastest growth, CNET reports.
The messaging service was recently acquired by Facebook for 19 billion dollars.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed