India becomes largest market for WhatsApp with 48mn monthly active users
Washington: India is the largest market for the WhatsApp with 48 million monthly active users, the mobile messaging app spokesperson Neeraj Arora said.
According to a report by BGR India, Arora said there were 40 million monthly active users in India in February, meaning about four million new users a month.
WhatsApp has grown pretty big with Brazil, India, Mexico and Russia listed as countries with the fastest growth, CNET reports.
The messaging service was recently acquired by Facebook for 19 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed