India developing cyber defense program
New Delhi: India is developing a cyber defense program aimed at protecting vital sectors like defense, railways and power, a top military scientist has said.
"The Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is developing an indigenous technology to ensure networking systems are safe and secure. It has completed 50 percent of the project to protect cyber network in the country from malware and hackers," DRDO Director KD Nayak was quoted by the local media as saying at a two-day seminar in the southern city of Bangalore.
The top scientist said that the remaining 50 percent of the project will be completed soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview