India faces new security threat from cyber world
Bangalore: India is facing new security threat from cyber world as increasing use of convergence technologies has changed the rules of engagements, a top defence official said Friday.
"Cyber security is a major challenge for us as all our operations are going to be on the network centric system, which is dependent on information and communication technologies," scientific adviser to defence minister V.K. Saraswat told reporters.
Admitting that securing the network centric system would be a major problem, Saraswat said the country would have to build robust systems and platforms with proprietary software to make sure the networks were safe and almost invincible.
"As far as the security threat is concerned, it is not rigid or static but always evolving. Beyond the conventional threat from land, air or sea, the new threats are economic and cyber, where we have to become more vigilant," Saraswat said on the margins of the Aero India military-cum-civil aviation trade expo here.
As a missile technologist, Saraswat is also the director-general of the state-run Defence Research and Development Organisation, which designs and develops a range of technologies and products for the Indian Air Force, Army and Navy spanning aircraft, choppers, radars, weapons, missiles, battle tanks, submarines and a host of support systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof