India for global coordination on cyber security
London: India has called for global coordination to ensure that Internet continues to thrive without the fear of its misuse.
Sachin Pilot, Minister of State for Information and Communications, told the London International Cyber Conference that "given the nature of the task and thefact that IT networks can be attacked from anywhere in the world and that digital footprints are easy to hide, global coordination is essential to ensure that Internet continues to
thrive without the fear of its misuse."
He outlined the Crisis Management Plan that has been developed in India to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism and to constantly scan the Indian cyber space during
the global conference on cyber security.
Pilot spoke on the topic `Hopes and Fears` in the first session of the Conference which was chaired by the UK Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Rt Hon
In his speech, Pilot highlighted the potential of cyber space and the tremendous opportunities it provides, outlined India`s ambitious National e-Governance Plan to
create a citizen-centric and business centric environment and to connect every Indian to the information highway.
He recalled that India as a major ICT nation has been sharing its expertise with other developing countries.
India has set up a Pan-African Network in which 47 African countries are equipped to support e-governance, e-commerce, infotainment, resource mapping and meteorological and other services, Pilot said.
He met his UK counterpart Ed Vaizey, Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industry and the two discussed matters of mutual interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away