India for global coordination on cyber security
London: India has called for global coordination to ensure that Internet continues to thrive without the fear of its misuse.
Sachin Pilot, Minister of State for Information and Communications, told the London International Cyber Conference that "given the nature of the task and thefact that IT networks can be attacked from anywhere in the world and that digital footprints are easy to hide, global coordination is essential to ensure that Internet continues to
thrive without the fear of its misuse."
He outlined the Crisis Management Plan that has been developed in India to counter cyber attacks and cyber terrorism and to constantly scan the Indian cyber space during
the global conference on cyber security.
Pilot spoke on the topic `Hopes and Fears` in the first session of the Conference which was chaired by the UK Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Rt Hon
In his speech, Pilot highlighted the potential of cyber space and the tremendous opportunities it provides, outlined India`s ambitious National e-Governance Plan to
create a citizen-centric and business centric environment and to connect every Indian to the information highway.
He recalled that India as a major ICT nation has been sharing its expertise with other developing countries.
India has set up a Pan-African Network in which 47 African countries are equipped to support e-governance, e-commerce, infotainment, resource mapping and meteorological and other services, Pilot said.
He met his UK counterpart Ed Vaizey, Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industry and the two discussed matters of mutual interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees